NOTICE OF RACE
Telford Sailing Club Polar Bears – Date: 13 February 2021
Venue: Telford Sailing Club
- Organizing Authority: Telford Sailing Club
- Rules: The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2021-2024, the appropriate class rules, and the sailing instructions of the event. If there is conflict between this Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions, then the Sailing Instructions shall prevail.
- Advertising: Institutional club publicity may be applied to the boats.
- Boats: Miracle or GP14 club boats will be used.
- Registration: Registration will be from 0930am on the 13/2/2022 in the sailing club.
- Briefing: There will be a briefing for all competitors at 10.30.
- Schedule of Races: Race warning signal at 11.00.
- Race format: It’s intended to run a 3-hour relay race. It will be used the 4 Miracle or GP14 club boats and the sailors will be drawn to form the crew of each boat. The boats will be draw also. The crew of each boat will do 3 laps, after that the helm will step out and the crew will become helm and a new crew will step in.
- Scoring: First boat to arrive will won
- Prize giving: The prize giving will be held as soon as possible after the race.
- Risk Statement: Rule 4 of the Racing Rules of Sailing states: “The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone”. Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event, each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
- They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event.
- They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat, and their other property whether afloat or ashore.
- They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions.
- Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate.
- The provision of a race management team, patrol boats and other officials and volunteers by the event organizer does not relieve them of their own responsibilities.
- The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions, as can be practically provided in the circumstances.
- Safety Regulations: Lifejackets or other adequate personal buoyancy shall always be worn by all competitors whilst afloat.